I have been part of the building design and construction industry for the past 25 years and a Chartered Architect since 2004. In 2007, I relocated to the Middle East where for 11 years I delivered projects of scale (a majority of which in the retail, hospitality and entertainment sectors) on both the client and consultant side. In 2017 I set up my own architectural practice which I continue to develop to date.
My career to date has predominately been based in project/design/construction management along with contract administration including the management of retail and cinema fit outs some of which were delivered whilst the respective businesses continued to operate.
I have managed multi-disciplinary teams and mentored a number of project managers to deliver projects across various sectors. Such management has also required me to carry out extensive team planning, project programming and monitoring of working capital/project budgets.
Attributes of my background that I feel best promote key skills are:
• having a considerable eye for detail;
• having a strong background in contract negotiations and administration;
• having extensive experience on projects of scale;
• managing and coordinating a number of multi-disciplinary projects under challenging programmes;
• having extensive experience in coordinating external stakeholders, local authorities and contractors to ensure that time, quality and cost parameters are achieved for each respective development; and,
• being part of the design and construction industry for the past 25 years.